BARNSLEY bus firm Tates Travel has ceased running services with immediate effect.
South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive, which subsidises a number of buses previously run by Tates Travel, is taking urgent action together with Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council and local bus operators to put alternative services in place.
Temporary arrangements have already been made to ensure many of the vital local buses can continue to run. Work is also underway to resume services on the remaining affected routes.
The following services, Stagecoach Yorkshire are operating with revised timetables:
- Barnsley - Sainborough (23/23a, 24)
- Barnsley - Cawthrone (92a)
- Barnsley - Thurgoland (23/23a. 24)
- Barnsley - Silkstone (92)
- Barnsley - Stocksbridge (23/23a)
Stagecoach Yorkshire operating services with revised timetables in place. Langsett is no longer served.
- Barnsley - Penistone - Denby Dale (24)
- Penistone - Dunford Bridge (92/92a(
- Penistone - Holmfirth (92/92a) Operating every two hours as service 25.
- Barnsley - Shafton/Carlton (34/34a) Stagecoach Yorkshire operating some replacement services from 09.02.16 afternoon
- Barnsley - Worsbrough Dale (8/8a) Stagecoach Yorkshire operating some replacement services from 10.02.16
- Barnsley - Thurlstone (300) TM Travel operating service to the same route and timetable.
Pre-purchased Tates Travel weekly tickets are being accepted on these services.
Regular service updates and alternative travel information for Tates Travel passengers is available at travelsouthyorkshire.com, by calling Traveline on 01709 51 51 51 and on Twitter @TSYalerts.