RUNNERS and supporters of the Plusnet Yorkshire Half Marathon can park for free at Park & Ride sites in Sheffield.
Sheffield Half Marathon will take place in the city centre on Sunday 10 April from 9:30am. Travel South Yorkshire is supporting the event by offering free parking at Middlewood, Malin Bridge, Nunnery Square (Sheffield Parkway), Meadowhall Interchange (M1 J34) and Halfway Park & Ride.
A number of roads will be closed on the day of the event. As a result some bus services will be diverted in the city centre and along the route, which takes in Arundel Gate, Ecclesall Road, Knowle Lane, Ringinglow Road, Sheephill Road, Limb Lane, Ecclesall Road South and Pinstone Street.
- Localised city centre diversions will affect a number of routes.
- Service 4A diverted via Nether Edge and Abbeydale Road to serve Tesco.
- Services 81/82 (Ecclesall) and 88 (Bents Green) to Ecclesall Road suspended until 14:00.
- Service 83 diverted via London Road and Abbeydale Road to serve Millhouses.
- Derbyshire-bound services 65 and 272 diverted outbound via Abbeydale Road and Owler Bar Roundabout to the normal route at Fox House.
Stagecoach Supertram services will not be affected and extra early trams will operate to the event. Participants can find more information about Supertram timetables and services at supertram.com
and about public transport on the day, bus service diversions and Park & Ride at travelsouthyorkshire.com
Plusnet Yorkshire Half Marathon Sheffield is expected to attract thousands of runners and spectators to the city's streets and raise thousands of pounds for good causes.