Around 90 percent of SYPTE’s funding comes directly from a levy paid by the four local authorities in South Yorkshire; Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield.
Our role is to deliver an integrated public transport service which meets the needs of the people, businesses and communities they each represent. The local authorities have oversight of everything we do. They hold SYPTE accountable, closely monitoring how we make decisions, spend money and deliver and develop the public transport network.
We work with colleagues in local authorities to:
- Deliver a coordinated bus network through Bus Partnerships with operators
- Plan and deliver school and subsidised bus services
- Ensure there are transport links to key employment sites in the region like Rotherham’s Advanced Manufacturing Park and Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- Manage public transport for special events in the region like the Tour de Yorkshire cycling race or the Tramlines music festival.
- Deliver infrastructure projects.