ROTHERHAM residents are invited to comment on proposals for changes to a number of the town’s bus services in a public consultation from Monday 4 November to Monday 2 December.
The proposals include better coordinated timetables across Rotherham’s bus services and more services to some areas, with the intention of improving punctuality and building a bus network for Rotherham that best meets customer needs.
People can give their views online at rotherhambuspartnership.co.uk or by filling in a questionnaire, available on most buses or from Travel South Yorkshire Information Centres in Rotherham, Dinnington and Meadowhall.
Passengers can also give their feedback in person and get more information by attending ‘drop-in sessions’ at:
• Harthill Village Hall on Thursday 7 November from 1600 to 2000
• Rotherham Interchange on Monday 11 November from 0900 to 1200 and Tuesday 12 November from 1200 to 1500
• North Anston Parish Hall on Wednesday 13 November from 1600 to 1800
• Dinnington Interchange on Thurs 14 November from 1100 to 1300
• Kiveton Park and Wales Village Hall on Tuesday 19 November from 1400 to 1700
The changes are being proposed by Rotherham Bus Partnership, which brings together Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (RMBC), South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (SYPTE), and local bus operators First South Yorkshire, Stagecoach, Powells and TM Travel in a bid to make the bus network more simple, flexible and convenient.
For more information visit rotherhambuspartnership.co.uk